I offer an integrative mind-body-heart approach to healing through mindfulness-based counseling. Our tendency is to turn away from what causes us discomfort, and I teach people skills for being present with and working through difficult emotions and thoughts instead of attempting to escape them. I assist people in becoming more aware of their habitual patterns of feeling, thinking, and behavior that contribute to their suffering and to develop new habits that nurture well-being. When we learn to see ourselves clearly, we have the freedom to change. I support people in working through fear, limiting beliefs, negative self-talk, self-criticism, self-destructive habits, and other blocks that keep them from the life they desire. I believe that we are all capable of change.
My areas of specialty include:
- women’s issues
- women entrepreneurs
- women who were identified as gifted children
- low self-esteem and self-confidence
- grief/loss/transition/adjustment difficulties
- chronic illness
- chemical sensitivities
- food/weight issues
- addictions relapse prevention
- chronic pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress (related to traumatic loss, accidents, injuries, medical trauma, childhood trauma, and war)
- relationship concerns
I offer individual and couples counseling and family counseling for parents and their adult children.
Do you pay regular visits to yourself? –Rumi