Hello. I’m Jen Johnson. I’m a mindfulness teacher, personal coach and Licensed Professional Counselor. I’m also a photographer and writer. I have been teaching mindfulness for 30+ years. I teach people how to create a regular mindfulness practice and integrate mindfulness into everyday life.
There are 10,000 joys and 10,000 sorrows in this life. –Chuang Tzu
I teach people how to more fully embrace the joys and meet the sorrows with an open heart. I coach them to transform difficult times into a more purposeful and meaningful life. For people who want to deepen the practice, I coach them how to design a mindful and intentional life that reflects their most heartfelt desire and soulful purpose. And because mindful photography and mindful writing practices have been so instrumental in my own journey of healing and awakening, for those who are interested, I teach these practices as well to support your journey toward healing and creative awakening.
Learn how to expand peace and happiness and decrease the struggle. You are more than your stress, challenges, and difficult times. You can learn how to use mindfulness to shift your perspective and focus more on what’s good in your life in the midst of what’s difficult so that you feel a greater sense of peace, ease, joy and freedom. I have learned through my own experience that something beautiful usually comes out of difficulty in the end. It may not be exactly what we want, but it’s often better than we imagine.
Do you experience any of the following?
- Your racing mind and heart keep you up at night
- You fear that you’re letting your dreams die
- You keep your struggles a secret from most people
- You feel you’ve lost yourself
- You say you want one thing, but you keep doing something else
- You dream about being more creative but don’t get around to it
Then you’re in the right place.
If you would like to learn how to:
- Quiet your mind chatter so that you feel more peace and happiness
- Create a life that you feel excited to wake up to
- Own your story and transform it into something meaningful
- Reclaim your sense of self and live more authentically
- Trust your inner wisdom and stop abandoning yourself
- Start being creative on a regular basis
Then you’re really in the right place.
Whether you’re new to mindfulness or an experienced practitioner wanting to deepen your practice, I will teach you how to develop a regular practice and more fully integrate mindfulness into your life.
My areas of speciality include
- developing a regular mindfulness practice
- integrating mindfulness into everyday life
- stress reduction
- cultivating joy
- practicing self-compassion
- health & wellness
- living well with chronic illness
- transforming life’s inevitable challenges to create a more purposeful and meaningful life.
Many people start practicing mindfulness and then walk away from it when they feel it becomes difficult. When meditation practice becomes difficult is when it becomes most interesting and holds the greatest potential for healing and awakening. The same holds true with life, that the moments of difficulty hold the greatest potential for healing and creating a more purposeful and meaningful life.
I would love to help you learn to design a mindful life that is aligned with the heart and soul of your authentic self. I teach mindfulness through e-courses, individual sessions in person and by Skype, and workshops and retreats.
Our health—and indeed our entire lives—can be seen as the sum of all our moment-to-moment decisions. –Kelly A. Turner